There were 42 million living, unique human beings aborted worldwide in 2018. It is for these voiceless children that the March for Life organization works to end abortion by uniting, educating and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square. Their marquee event is the annual March for Life in Washington D.C. to protest peacefully the unconstitutionality of Roe v. Wade. This event unites hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers each year to march to the White House, hear from pro-life speakers and more.
Even if you can’t attend the March for Life in Washington D.C., there are still several ways to be part of the movement to advocate for the innocent unborn.
Attend a local event
Many cities will host their own walks, demonstrations and other pro-life events. Check with your local Right to Life organization and the March for Life website for events happening near you.
Show your support on social media
You can unite with the online community during the March for Life in the following ways.
- Spread the news. Although this is the largest annual protest, it does not get covered by mainstream media. Help overcome this by sharing live videos of the March on your social networks.
- Share why you support the movement using #WhyWeMarch and #MarchForLife. (Posts will be compiled at whywemarch.org.)
- Update your Facebook profile picture with a pro-life frame.
Reach out to your lawmakers
We need to continue to hold our representatives accountable. Send messages to your representatives in congress encouraging them to prioritize pro-life policies. You can even invite them to attend the March for Life or one of your local events.
Educate yourself on Roe v. Wade
Did you know that Roe v. Wade legalized abortion in all 9 months of pregnancy? Did you know DNA is present at fertilization? The 2019 March for Life theme is Unique from Day 1: Pro-life is Pro-science. Take some time to learn more about the implications of Roe v. Wade and how science affirms the pro-life movement. Here are a couple resources to get your started: roevwade.us and prolifemichiana.org.
It’s not enough to be pro-life for one day. To build a culture of life where each and every human life is valued and protected, we need all pro-life individuals living out pro-life values every day. Connect with your local Right to Life group, pregnancy center, women’s shelter or maternity home. Sign up for their mailing lists, ask how you can volunteer or support them, follow them on social media and attend their events.
The power of prayer is real and needed. Here are some prayer intentions to get you started:
- That mothers in a crisis pregnancy are supported in their pregnancy and motherhood.
- That lawmakers advocate for and uphold pro-life values.
- That pro-abortive people will be touched by God to see the value of life.
- That all pro-lifers stand united and strong.
Now is a great time to be a voice for the voiceless. To tell and show people they are valued. To support mothers. To offer encouraging words. To fast and pray. And to continue working towards a culture of life!